In line with Stratos’ Reconciliation Strategy, Stratos is committed to hiring team members of Indigenous ancestry. Please see ‘Careers at Stratos’ below for more information on current opportunities. We are always interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates even when we’re not actively recruiting!
Benefits and Perks
Stratos is well known for its dynamic, high-performing, passionate and committed team – and culture of innovation, loyalty, collaboration, and positivity. We strive for excellence and professionalism in every aspect of our work, while still putting a premium on a fun, collegial work environment. Here are some of the Stratos benefits and perks:
- Compensation: Stratos employees enjoy competitive compensation in addition to performance bonuses.
- Balance: Employees have flexible work schedules available to them, in order to balance personal and professional commitments, including flexibility to take time off for cultural traditions or personal obligations (e.g. seasonal time off for traditional activities)
- Location: Situated in Ottawa’s Byward Market, we are steps away from restaurants, music, culture, open markets, the Rideau Canal, and the Rideau Centre – a hub for all bus routes across Ottawa. The LRT stops just across the street from our office.
- Training and development: Stratos is committed to team member development, which includes formal training, coaching, mentoring, conference attendance, Stratos Academy (in-house developed courses), Lunch and Learns (shared experiences and guest speakers), Project Cameos (regular best-practice sharing of current Stratos projects).
- Corporate responsibility: We strive to be a company in which our employees are proud and enthusiastic to remain. Some of the reasons include:
- We are a carbon-neutral company
- We exceed the Imagine Caring Company target of donating at least 1% of average domestic pre-tax profit to registered charities
- We use 100% post-consumer recycled fibre for all office needs
- We purchase fair-trade, organic beverage supplies
- Career Conversations: Our Career Conversation program supports consultants in their growth goals, explores untapped abilities, improves job satisfaction, identifies desired skills and capabilities, understands current activities and commitments, and determines support networks for development.
- Team spirit: We don’t forget to have fun! Regular team get-togethers include group lunches, celebrations, skiing…
More than just...
At Stratos, none of us ever wears just one “hat”. We are curious, capable and dedicated to growing the business, and there is never a shortage of “hats” to help make that happen. Examples include:
- Taking on a leadership role in the renovation of our offices
- Managing all social events and team-building exercises
- Designing and facilitating our annual staff retreat
- Creating and delivering internal Stratos Academy learning sessions
We’re pretty lucky – and we know it. Because of this, once we start with Stratos, most of us stay for 10+ years because it’s not just a job. It’s a career. It’s a mission, with a vision, in the company of great people and friends.
Careers at Stratos
Stratos is a growing company. For the right person, we offer intellectual challenge, the opportunity to learn and grow, as well as a dynamic and supportive work environment.
Current Consultant Status: Closed
From time to time, Stratos offers internships to outstanding individuals who are interested in sustainability as demonstrated by their studies, extracurricular interests, volunteer activities and/or work experience. As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work towards your goals in a structured environment. You’ll find challenges that will allow you to learn and the support you’ll need to succeed. Preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s degree (or working towards a Master’s degree) in a discipline related to sustainability.
Current Internship Status: Closed
If you don’t see a role that fits your experience – keep reading. If you are committed to sustainability and think you could contribute to our record of outstanding client service, please:
- Sign up above to be notified when a job vacancy is posted, OR:
- Read our website and relevant work found across the web, AND
- Create a cover letter and resume that demonstrates how your work and educational experience (Master’s degree preferred) would be of value to Stratos’ current line of work, AND
- If possible, prepare and upload a (maximum) 3-minute video to YouTube describing (with examples) why you feel you would be a good fit as a Stratos consultant and sharing one relevant insight/suggestion for our work based upon current events. Name your video “your last name, your first name – year - Stratos – application”. Make the video available only to those who have a link, AND
- Send documents and the video link to us, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.