Jennifer excels at turning strategy into reality. She helps both public and private sector clients understand, plan for and implement sustainability-related programs and initiatives.
“I help organizations figure out how to better manage environmental, social, economic and governance issues,” says Jennifer. “Our goal is to integrate these considerations into organizational design, practices and decision making.”
Jennifer is a Certified Change Management Practitioner. She also has a Master’s in Business Administration, specializing in organizational change and performance management.
“My proudest moment at Stratos was helping design and launch the Canadian Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA),” says Jennifer.
An accomplished project manager, Jennifer leads work on some of Stratos’ largest files.
“I get my energy from bringing the right people together to solve complex problems,” Jennifer says.
Joined Stratos: 2008
Total Years’ Experience: 14
Specialty: Leading complex projects related to systemic sustainability challenges
Prior Work Experience:
- Communications and Events Coordinator, WaterCan, NGO providing access to clean water, basic sanitation and hygiene education
- MBA, University of Ottawa, 2008
- Certification, Change Management Practitioner, 2010
- Bachelor of Environmental Science, University of Guelph, 2002
What Jennifer offers:
- As a Director with Stratos, Jennifer has a strong understanding of the business case for sustainable development.
- Her 2012 MBA research, “Reflections on Corporate Greening: A Proposed Mode for Organizational Change,” focused on the drivers and barriers to business sustainability and the organizational tools used to facilitate the process of becoming a sustainable organization.
- As a Certified Change Management Practitioner, Jennifer focuses on strategic planning and change management and helping organizations understand, plan for and implement sustainability-related programs and initiatives.
Her key service areas include:
- Strategic planning
- Complex project design and management
- Risk management
- Implementation planning and change management
- Management and governance reviews
- Stakeholder engagement and facilitation
- Organizational design
- Process development and review
- Research, analysis and report writing
An accomplished project manager, Jennifer leads work on some of Stratos’ largest files with a focus on energy and resources. Her clients include:
- Canadian Oil Sands Innovation Alliance
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
- Walmart Canada
- Canadian Energy Pipeline Association
- Land and Water Boards of the Mackenzie Valley
Jennifer describes working at Stratos as a dream come true. “A better group of people and clients can’t be found,” she says. “Stratos are integrators. Big picture thinkers. And fun!”
When not at work, Jennifer hikes and plays volleyball and is happiest when “backyarding” with her sisters and friends.