Nadim is a Director with Stratos, bringing twenty-five years of expertise in strategy development and participatory program design/evaluation. Nadim grounds his work in rigorous analytical frameworks, helping organizations to articulate clear, well-structured plans that can be executed effectively.
Nadim specializes in collaborative strategy, having supported industry, government and civil society organizations and networks to work together to achieve sustainability outcomes related to natural resources, commodity supply chains and community well-being. Over the last ten years, he has focused on supporting responsible mineral exploration and mining in Canada and around the world.
Examples of organizations that Nadim has worked with, and for, include:
- Companies (e.g. Sherritt International, Lundin Mining)
- Industry associations (e.g. Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada, World Diamond Council)
- Government departments (e.g. Natural Resources Canada, U.S. State Department)
- Civil society organizations (e.g. Partnership Africa Canada, Global Witness)
- Multi-stakeholder networks (e.g. Kimberley Process Certification Scheme, Responsible Jewelry Council, Windows of Opportunity coalition).
“My clients are focused on improving quality of life for people all around the world,” he says. “If I can help them do this just a little bit better, the ripple effect touches real people, every day.”
Nadim has been recognized for his work by the International Committee of the Red Cross (Power of Humanity award, 2004), the Ontario Minister for Northern Development and Mines (commendation letter, 2015) and Natural Resources Canada (multiple awards, 2006-2012). In addition, he was one of four Canadians selected by the U.S. State Department to participate in the 2015 International Visitor Leadership Program, focused on sustainability and the extractive sector.
Strategy, multi-stakeholder collaboration, stakeholder engagement, policy analysis