Reconciliation is important for all Canadians as we work together to build a better Canada. Rooted in our values of relationships and respect, Stratos has developed a reconciliation strategy that provides us with a starting point for action and dialogue.
This strategy has been developed with input and guidance from our partners, including First Peoples Group and is informed by the Calls to Action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada. It identifies eight specific actions for 2018.
Through our strategy we hope to:
- build reconciliation into the way we work and behave, both as individuals and as a company
- better support our clients as they undertake their own journeys of reconciliation
- exercise our influence to support better outcomes for Indigenous peoples
- lead by example through our own reconciliation actions
The Strategy identifies three levers for change, including:
- embedding reconciliation in our business and human resource practices
- building awareness of reconciliation in our team and the teams of our partners
- exercising influence through the advice we provide to clients
We will review our progress on this reconciliation journey on an annual basis, integrating our learnings and identifying new actions as we move forward in building a better Canada.
For more information on the specific actions we plan to take, please see our strategy here.