We are currently seeking to fill an Internship position for an individual possessing an interest and expertise in sustainability and natural resource management. This paid, full-time position will be based in Ottawa and will start in January 2022 for the duration of 4 months with the possibility of an extension. The application deadline is October 15, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. EST – please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vision: A healthy planet. A productive and engaged society. A clean, diversified and inclusive economy
Mission: We work collaboratively with governments, Indigenous peoples, business and civil society to navigate complex challenges, develop integrated and practical solutions and support societal transitions that result in sustainable outcomes Identity: We are trusted and pragmatic advisors, strategists, integrators, problem-solves and convenors
Values: Relationships · Diversity · Integration · Excellence · Respect
Overview of Stratos
Headquartered in Ottawa, Stratos Inc. is one of Canada’s leading management consultancies and one of the few focused on the intersection of natural resources and sustainability. We are trusted advisors, researchers, strategists, integrators and facilitators. We have a strong and credible reputation, in both governmental and corporate circles, for providing objective and realistic services and advice and producing high-quality products. Specialized in collaborative problem-solving, we work across all levels of government, business and civil society. Stratos works across jurisdictions in Canada and has deep expertise working with Canada’s natural resource sectors including, with the mining, energy and forest sectors.
Overview of Intern Position
Stratos offers opportunities to outstanding individuals who are interested in sustainability as demonstrated, for example, by their studies, extracurricular interests, volunteer activities and/or work experience.
The intern will support consulting and marketing activities for the Stratos team. This may entail:
- Conducting research, and compiling, synthesizing and analyzing the resulting information (e.g. from web or literatures searches, interviews or surveys)
- Supporting the writing, proof-reading, formatting and preparation of proposals, reports, presentations, manuals, strategies, policies, standards and procedures
- Assisting with the design, planning, delivering and reporting on meetings, workshops and stakeholder engagement sessions as well as providing support on virtual meeting platforms
- Conducting research on market trends and client needs
- Preparing marketing presentations and materials
- Supporting the development of Stratos position and thought leadership papers
Skills and Attributes
Stratos is looking for students who demonstrate:
- Initiative as demonstrated by a willingness to take on new tasks, promote new initiatives and seek clarification where necessary (i.e. regarding assigned tasks)
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Experience working both independently and as a team member
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong ability to analyze data and present results in a clear and concise manner
- An ability to conduct research (e.g. web-based, literature, surveys and/or interviews)
- Project management skills and experience would be an asset
- Professional conduct (i.e. ability to adhere to an organization’s code of conduct and interact with colleagues and clients in a respectful manner)
- Working knowledge of French would be an asset
An Opportunity for Growth
Stratos interns work with various members of the firm on a variety of research, writing and analytical assignments related to environment and sustainability. This provides them with the opportunity to learn about a range of services Stratos provides and gives them exposure to different areas of the firm’s practice.
Interns work with a Manager who will introduce them to Stratos, help identify their goals and review their performance on a regular basis. As part of the Stratos team, students participate in the Stratos Academy (i.e. internal training sessions on project management, effective marketing and other essential skills) and other opportunities for learning.
At Stratos, you’ll find challenges that will allow you to learn, and the support to allow you to meet your own learning objectives.